Ramipril side effects that dreadful cough

Posted , 26 users are following.

have been taking Ramipril for 3 months now and at first didnt link the dreadful cough with this drug until I researched it on the web.

I have developed a dreadful dry tickly cough which starts at the back of the throat and immediately starts to make my eyes water.

The coughing then starts to go into a spasm and its worse at night - I havent had a full nights sleep for weeks.

Also my chest is beginning to be sore due to all the coughing, its very distressing and I am going to be back at my gp.

Have any more readers had the same ?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been taking it for over a year and had the cough about the same time. Never associated it with the tablets at all but heard about it from a friend. Decided to look it up and blow me its true. Thanks for confirming it and I am back to the docs to try something else hopefully. Also been through the sore chest bit and have mentioned it to the doc, so will be telling him as this could have gone on another 12 months
  • Posted

Yes! I found this thread by searching for this same thing. I didn’t link the two and assumed my asthma had got worse. Did you find a solution?
  • Posted

Hi there is there anyone out there who had to stop taking Ramipril recently because it was making them sick - horrendous cough and mucus????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.