Ramiprli side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Because of high blood pressure I've been on 2.5 mg Ramipril for some time. BP still little high so GP increased dose to 5.0 mg. Then had constipation and bad back pain. Leaflet listed these as possible side effects. My problems maybe due to some other cause. Anyone else had these side effects from Ramipril  ?? 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Quite a lot of people suffer from constipationAre your bowels less active?

Constipation can cause back pain.

Are you passing urine more or less frequently?

Where in the body is your pain?

X Linda

• Posted

That's probably about the only side effects I haven't experienced yet...I've been on the drug for about 4 months now and feel worse than I did before they told me I have hypertension ...when I went to my gp he upped it to 10mg....needless to say I soon had to go back and they lowered the dose ..I am also taking propranolol for migraines which seem to work....I've now had enough..and had hormone testing done etc which has all come back fine...though the consultant is recommending they take me off the ramipril and try something else. . ..
    • Posted

Hi jackster2

How much propranolol are you on I've just been told my bp is slightly high and I've been taking 2.5mg of ramipril once a day for a week now and I feel terrible what are your symptoms

• Posted

Hi....I'm on 80mg slow release daily...buy i take them every other day....I don't like the feeling I get when I take them every day....as for the ramipril I was on 5mg daily....felt absolutely terrible for about 4 months...after being checked out by a consultant properly I was told my bp is absolutely fine and should never have been on the tablets at all!!
  • Posted

I take Ramipril 10 and have done for ages.   I get a lot of back pain, just hadn't put it down to Ramipril.   My bahas become weaker and weaker as thyear have gone by and can't do much around the house now.   If you find an alternative l me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.