Rampiril

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was last week prescribed Antenolol as I collapsed and had high blood pressure, have taken this since last Wednesday, my blood pressure has come down slightly but my pulse is around 43 which is low, I spoke to Doctor tonight and he said I shouldn't be on Antenolol because I was diagnosed with a blocked left ventrical, so he has now prescribed Rampiril which I need to collect in the morning and stop taking Antenolol, I just hope there is no problem when I change over, I will ask the pharmacist

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This is my husband who has posted this tonight he has just used my sign in, thanks
    • Posted

I am sure that your Dr knows best and as they are 2 different medications but for lowering bp just in a different way.

Hope your feeling better, was bp very high, unusual to pass out because of it or was that because of HB .

You take care

• Posted

Blood pressure was 198/128 at one time, now sitting around 158/70 so coming down, let u know how it goes
  • Posted

What caused your collapse? Presumably it was not your high BP reading or I would often be prostrtated.

There are BP meds that I cannot take as my heart rate is normally in the 40's

• Posted

I took Atenolol some years ago and it reduced my pulse to quite low as well.  It is a beta blocker.  Lack of care on the part of whoever prescribed it for you when you have a blocked left venticle.  The changeover shouldn't cause a problem as you have been on the beta blocker for such a short time.  I hope the Ramipril proves successful for you.
  • Posted

I was on Ramipril a couple of years ago but had to come off it because of one of the common side effects - a niggly cough.  I am now on Amlodipine and have no problems with that tablet.  I think doctors put you onto the cheaper tablets to see how you get on and only change to a more expensive one if there are problems.
    • Posted

Ramipril and Amlodipine cost more or less the same
  • Posted

Just got back from Docs, he has now put me on Amlodipine not Rampiril, have to start taking tonight, so see how we go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.