Random aches, pains and itches. Still gastritis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I'm 30, and a year and a bit ago I was diagnosed with gastritis, which was manifest in short sharp acid refluxes at the top of my stomach below the rib cage. After some time, I seem to have got rid of them. Over the last few weeks though, I've been experiencing on and off, seemingly random pains in my stomach - as more of a dull ache - but more up on my chest as short sharp bursts of pain and also as the occasional dull ache at the bottom of the right side of my rib cage.

I also get itches on my rib cage and around the stomach area, also occasionally on my back. I'm also experiencing mild inrequent headaches which come then quickly go.

I've still got some Pantoprazole and occasionally use one (every 4-5 day). This seems to sort out the chest pains although not the dull ache at the base of the ribs/stomach. 

The pains are seemingly random. I've not drunk alcohol for over a month and I haven't smoked for two years. I also exercise daily. My diet is pretty good with minimal fatty, smoked and spicy foods. I did have a curry tonight though and am experiencing a few more pains and more itching.

Can all these symptoms be attributed to a relfux in stomach acid, despite the fact I haven't experienced it as I originally did? Do the Pantoprazole help? Does anyone have any advice? 

Thank you to anyone who can empathise and take the time to reply smile

Simon

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi simon.

The body is a great thing when it works!!! :could be kidneys or liver or gallbladder. i think liver..

Milk Thistle can repair the liver on a cellular level.  The liver is one organ where it can repair itself.. the liver when it doesn't work well, can affect the gallbladder and then the bowel.  if the gallbladder isn't working can affect the bile and amount of.

With any type of inflammation (and hence perhaps bacteria) you can take anti-inflammatory Garlic (clove a day or capsules). This is also anti-oxidant and will aid the liver.

To rid yourself of 'bad' bacteria (perhaps h pylori) you can take a liquorice tablet ;and this also assists wtih acid. please also take a pro-biotic or yoghurt to replace good bacteria (or acidophilus from  the health food shop).

Try to include some anti-oxidant foods (to assist hte liver) like red grapes or beetroot or onions etc (there are plenty more options/ choices you can google). This will also help the liver.

Please take a vitamin tablet and some omega 3 (fish oil or olive oil etc).

Please do get to your GP and ask for a liver function test; to rule out any possible issues . The liver can get damaged from eating fatty foods, or even a few beers..

try and drink something like apple juice or coconut water(has some good properties in it), or cherries and berries from the co-op (little cartons) as cherries are v. good.

This shoudl remove bad bacteria,address any ongoign inflammation, and assist your liver which in turn will addess the gallbladder and bowel (liver draws from teh bowel ) and you should be pain free within a few days; however it will take a longer approach for 'healing'. 

try not to drink so much caffeine or alcohol for  a little while; you don't have to cut it comlpletely but hot drinks kill good bacteria.

you might also want to read up on 'fatty' liver and perhaps consider taking oregano oil as well.

hope you start feeling better soon smile

*please do leave feedback; as this is appreciated and it would be good to know whether this helped to resolve your symptoms.

Wishing you well soon. smile

• Posted

HI simon ; i forgot to mention that taking pain meds can cause bad bacteria to increase and/or toxins to build up in your 'system' (liver?) fi you take them without anti-oxidant foods, and the body /liver has difficulty processing them.. ..hence getting rid of any bad bacteria and introducing good ones and the anti-oxidants; will help your liver to work better; and the right sided abdominal pain should resolve in days.. smile phew.!!!
    • Posted

Omg I never realised my pain meds will increase bad bacteria!! I am so going to get off them!!!!! Or at least as much as I can before pain kicks in!!
  • Posted

Hi Simon, have you been tested for h pylori? I have gastritis and upper right pain and itching and I have a structure of my biliary duct. I cannot digest food. All docs give those tablets and I was on them for a while.....I stopped taking them and my symptoms stayed the same which told me they didn't work. Have you tried aloe Vera juice? Good for gastritis and start taking a macrobiotic daily as well. Good luck. Hope you get sorted. There are a lot of us on here experiencing the same as you....u r not on your own.

Kath

• Posted

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your reply. I have been tested for h pylori, although that was just over a year ago now. Is it time to go for another test? I haven't heard about macrobiotics. Are you suggesting I go on the diet? The itch comes and goes, but it was pretty intense last night after I ate a curry - could this be some kind of allergic reaction?

Thanks,

Simon

• Posted

HI Simon; the liver processes fat's ; so if you are experiencing pain after eating them then you should be taking the milk thistle. In addition; the liquorice tablets KILL h pylori and some other bad bacteria.. (just introduce the good bacteria too; as hot drinks can kill bacteria.. and with pain meds you need to constantly be striving to make sure you include good bacteria into your diet.. smile
  • Posted

I'm convinced the 'itch ' is down to the liver not functioning properly!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.