Random ares of tingling and pain on both legs, is it herniated disc?

Posted , 4 users are following.

to all the people with slipped disc, may i know what kind of pain do you feel? aching? deep? sporadic? constant? and where? in my case, i have a history of l4 l5 bulging disc and DDD. recently i have random mild pains and paraesthesia on small regions of my calves and Hamstrings. they come whenever i sit too long or walk too long. but they just go away in a few seconds. sometimes i question if my mind is just exaggerating the problem. oh and i test positive for slump test for both legs

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

yes i has Tingling, numbing sensation’s as well as pain that was constant and/or came and went I had pins and needles on the bottom of my feet walking was painful the soles of my feet felt weird it was all due to the pinch nerve what helped bring me relief was trigger point massage because my muscles were so tense that they couldn’t relax tingling, numbing sensations as well as pain that was constant and or came and went I had pins and needles on the bottom of my feet walking was painful the soles of my feet felt weird it was all due to the pinched nerve what helped bring me relief was trigger point massage because my muscles were so tense that they couldn’t relax off of mudcle relaxers

• Posted

Hi , I am one of the few percent that post op , disc slips again (3times) . In response to your question,, the first time took a year for the surgeon to operate. it started like a strain in hamstring area. Then slowly pain was getting a bit worse radiating from buttocks down to behind knee and eventually i had a limp with excrutiating pain that was unbearable, the second time was much different , was my left leg this time , and was more a gnawing tearing pain which was nothing bar some days to the first op, now i have moderate pain that goes down my right side and am seeing surgeon in 6 weeks, that has been my experience , i would say the pain numbness you are having could be more central nervous or can be stress, but in general people have different types of post op pain or similar to my first op, from speaking to people, good luck going forward.

John

• Posted

I have had my l3 l4 l5 disco out my 1st op was urgent surgury as I was in compression 6 day till the done the mri scan I have lost my bladder have a wee stoma I have a colostomy as I lost the feeling to go. I have had other major op s if the had done something in the 1st 48 hours 11 major operation last one 4 weeks ago . my 2nd back operation the done plates cages rods but my back feels worse it makes me bend forward can stand up right I am trying to get a urgent follow up again no after care support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.