Random Blisters/Rash on Face

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So I'm a 21 year old man from California (nice to meet you all! wish it was under better circumstances). About a week ago, a pink spot appeared on my right eyebrow. At first I thought nothing of it, but it has now escalated into a full blown rash all across my face. Little skin spots (almost resemble whitehead pimples) filled with really clear liquid appear, and they easily get punctured. When they do, a big open pink spot appears, and then it scabs over. This has spread all over my face, and while it is clearly getting better, I'm still extremely worried. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, but during this week I've quite literally moved 250 miles to the bay area, so this could not have had worse timing. I feel 100% fine otherwise, hence why I think it's an allergic reaction. It is primarily only on my face, and based off of research I've been doing, I think it's an allergic reaction to phenoxyethanol, which is a controversial preservative used in ointments and creams. I've stopped using any products with it in it, so it has slowed down, but I'm still worried. Any recommendations would be great.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please post an update if you find out what is happening. I have the same thing on my hands.

• Posted

If you have eczema on your hands its fairly easy to get rid of it. Keep your hands cold. Same goes for your feet. The face is a different issue. Not sure thats eczema.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.