Random cough with slight phlegm throughout the day

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is this a typical GERD symptom? I've had a cough for several months. It starts out with a tickle in my throat, then a dry cough, and then I end up with some congestion after several coughs. Its not all day, but its usually when I first wake up in the morning and then it may occur randomly throughout the day. It gets worse with eating. I assume its from throat irritation. It goes away after I get up the very small amount of congestion. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have have had this type of cough with my GERD. Over the counter antacids and milk relieve it for me. The cough is common with silent reflux

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary to see what food triggers symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.