Random “crashing” episodes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, to try and make a long story short...heres how this has gone for me...

Contracted the herpes virus in 2012. I'm still convinced that was the pre-cursor to all of this, because I haven't felt quite right since.

It started out with lightheadedness and dizzy spells last December 2017. By January, I was noticing cardiac symptoms which seemed exacerbated by temperature changes (especially in the heat of the shower). I would have near fainting spells and have this overwhelming feeling of doom. I'd have days where I felt flu-like and had a feeling of general malaise. Unrestorative sleep was a big one (still is). My vision had noticeably changed with blurred vision and episodes of tunnel vision. Then, by February, the veil lifted and I felt better for 4 months. I think I may have still had the visual disturbances, but everything was so mild, I didn't notice it much. June came, and all of the symptoms returned plus more. I had the light-headed, dizzy feelings, near fainting, vision changes, plus muscle fatigue and muscle shakiness. I remember walking up to the door where I work and thinking it was so much energy and my legs felt like they were filled with lead. My muscles would start to burn as if i was doing a really big workout right then and there...when all I was doing was walking. By August, I was having numbness and pins and needles in arms and legs randomly with even more severe muscle weakness (like they were still slightly numb and felt weird or rubbery when used) in those effected muscles for several days after. I began having muscle twitches and random (small) jerking movements in my extremities. Then, it lifted again for about 6-8 weeks. Felt better and seemed to have more energy (still had vision issues, muscle twitches/jerking)...BUT now hear we are again. Back to feeling fatigued, flu-like symptoms, achey muscles (especially in shoulders, arms, back), generalized shakiness and weakness, numbness and tingling in upper arms and left leg on occasion, with an odd sensation when trying to use those muscles, etc.

Have you experienced random months of remission in between months of feeling terrible? Have your symptoms gotten worse or added more after a relapse? Is that the nature of the beast here?

I know a diagnosis for CFS takes a long time...and i feel like I'm on that road (I have a rheumatologist referral) , but I'm still in that phase of trying to keep myself calm and tell myself its nothing worse like ALS or something. I've only had a Brain MRI, as far as, neurologic tests go, which was clear. But the muscle stuff is really freaking me out. My saving grace is the diffuseness of my symptoms. I went to a site yesterday and printed a symptom sheet out. I have 34/60 of the symptoms listed for CFS.

I think I'm just looking for reassurance from those experiencing the same things. I've posted several times about different random symptoms I'm having, but i feel like sometimes this illness can make you feel like you're losing your mind or that you're dying of some terrible disease in the next year. Thanks for listening and responding. Helps to know I'm not alone in this craziness.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Charcey,

It sure is a strange condition and throws all kinds of symptoms in! You ask if this is the nature of the beast ? It's hard to answer because we all have our own version of the beast! I get the vision issues and some of the numbness you have as well as the tinnitus that Charlie gets.

Mine isn't from a virus, it's from a car crash and I find it really interesting that I still get the same symptoms as those who have it post virally.

I 've been doing much less recently and feel I've improved with some symptoms mainly pain. I 've also been taking feroglobin and believe this is contributing. My other symptoms that are less at the moment are slurring and falling to one side. I am talking less though maybe too and I'm getting better signals of "this is too much". I feel the energy drain from me as i eg wash up so i am starting to stop carrying on. There was someone who posted a while ago who said she only did things for a few minutes and then rested.

I get the shaking and twitching too which you also mention and I think you kind of get used to your own set of symptoms. I had a friend with cfs/me too who has the shakiness far worse than me but my walking is worse than theirs.

rest for now and do things slowly and gently.

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.