Random Developing Sore, Scared of Skin Cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 1-2 weeks ago I believe I woke up with a odd looking sore on my right arm that didn’t look very suspicious or anything at first. As the weeks have gone by the sore has grown, not too much but it’s noticably grown, and pink patches are developing making me think it’s scarring or something. I cannot lie to you in any shape or form, because I have not used any treatment and have picked at the scab multiple times but I’ve decided to stop now and seek some help. I have no idea what this sore could be and I don’t even know how to treat it and I’m terrified it is skin cancer. I will get checked soon by a doctor but want a first opinion. Here’s a link for a picture of the actual sore.

(sorry for imgur link didn’t know any other sites)

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

By all means you need a skin Doctor to check this as soon as you can.
  • Posted

Hi damian.  not sure what your sore looks like, but I have gout, and learned that a sore on my foot that never would heal for years, was caused by gout. The dermatologist was the one who diagnosed it. Since then, I have developed one on my hand too. Hopefully, your doctor will refer you to a dermatologist. Best wishes, harrishill 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.