Random ‘good’ days and/or nights?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else in the Freezing Stage have random good days or nights?  I got one yesterday and last night out of nowhere after a 12 day stretch of non-stop torture and no sleep. I don’t dare believe this is going to last as I’ve been tricked before into hoping I’m past the worst. It always came back and far more painful every time.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these mini-reprieves from FS Hell?!?!?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen -

Not sure where you are in the duration of this nightmare we call FS, but I'm 10 months in so keep that in mind. I had terrible night pains for 4-5 months. They s-l-o-w-l-y improved. Now I can pretty much sleep with very little pain. Its just a little uncomfortable at times, but improving every day. I can even sleep on my affected side again. Keep up the faith. It will get better!

• Posted

How did you finally get relief?  My arm below my shoulder hurts so much more than my shoulder at night.  I need help.  Thanks
  • Posted

Yes.  I have some days where it is bearable I feel so lucky. Then the next day it is back to square one. It seems to be very frustrating diagnosis was a lot of different opinions from general practitioners, physical therapist and orthopedics. I kind of feel like I’m on my own duri it seems to be very frustrating diagnosis was a lot of different opinions from general practitioners, physical therapist and orthopedics. I kind of feel like I’m on my own journey.

I have  bilateral adhesive  capsulitis,  without it sling , cast etc,  people don’t understand it they think you should be improved  “ all better”  and I work  as a nurse for over 30 years.

I don’t want pitty, maybe understanding rather than ignorance. Sorry for my rant 

Yes enjoy the  better days.

• Posted

I have yet to be tricked!  Sleeping is impossible even with pain pills and sleeping pills!  I would love a one night reprieve.

Just got mobic generic from internist so maybe that will help!  It is insane to have pain in shoulder, then bicep, then clavical!  It moves around all the time but always I know my arm is there 😰

• Posted

Yes Debbie, my paid moves around all the time too..  One day is bicep, then clavicle, then forearm.  It is so weird.  So bizarre that there is no easy fix for this syndrome..  NO ONE, not even the pharmacist has  heard of it..    I went to Walgreens drug store yesterday to see if the pharmacist could recommend  something for the nerve pain.  She had no idea about FS.   So tired of explaining it to people. 
    • Posted

This whole thing is so crazy.   I took the 24 hour  anti inflammatory he gave me and it did absolutely nothing to help.  My bicep was back to killing me about 5 hours into it.  The thought that this may go on for a 2 year period is enough to make me insane and nobody seems to be able to come up with a solution.  Everything I have read makes me feel that there is nothing that will make this go away.  
  • Posted

Hi Karen, Yes that has happened to me also..   I find there is no rhyme or reason for the good days vs bad days....  I had a good day a couple of weeks ago and felt like I could do anything...Then bam the next day and all the days since, I've had bad days...  I'm due for a good day.   I still cry everyday - the pain is so bad.  I have really bad nerve paid now...  from elbow to fingertips.   It is unbearable! I'm thinking of going to doctor in Canada and or asking for medical marijuana.  I've tried anything and everything so far and NOTHING works.  

• Posted

How does anyone get any sleep?  The pain in my bicep gets worse at night.  Have tried every pill out there when I go to bed and I cannot get any rest because of arm pain.  I am almost sleeping (or trying to) sitting up but can’t say that helps a lot either.  A heating pad helps a tad but of course then I am super warm.  There is no winning at all with this FS.
    • Posted

Oy, been there Debbie, it is not fun. When you say ‘’every pill’ are you talking OTC or prescribed meds?  I went to my doctor last week, sobbing and begging for something stronger than T3s and she changed things up and put me on Celebrex for inflammation and Tramacet for pain. I have to say (fingers crossed) this combo does seem to be helping me. The pain isn’t completely gone, but I can sleep through it for a few hours at a time. Then when the ache and throbbing wakes me up (cause it always does eventually) I put a cold wheat bag on it. Cold works better for me than heat. Have you tried that?  
    • Posted

The nerve pain is what drives you batty. It just doesn’t relent!  I did try CBD oil (medical weed) but I can’t say it did much for me. Ice, Celebrex and Tramacet seem to be a combo that is helping me right now. Or, I’m moving past the freezing stage - I am not 100% sure. FS is a mystery! 

• Posted

I don’t know. I can’t sleep either. Monica has done nothing. The took Celebrex of the market in the US.

I was scheduled for MUA Now my primary and secondary insurance are arguing on who’s going to not pay for it I may have to start all over with a new orthopedic surgeon what a waste of time and money. An now my primary and secondary insurance are arguing on who’s going to not pay for I may have to start all over with a new orthopedic surgeon what a waste of time and money.

If  I and up having to see another orthopedic is he going to put me through months and months of physical therapy ...

I’ve been on the phone for hours with these insurance companies so much for being double insured. 

Back to the subject last night I took two Benadryl, three amitriptyline 25 mg and a dose of NyQuil   I think I finally fell asleep at midnight I still woke up about every hour. I really don’t think that is safe but I was up the entire night before just need sleep.

Nobody gives a s**t FS is more than shoulder-  they don’t feel the burning pain from your scalp down your neck to shoulder blades to your flank in your biceps, forearms to fingers. You sometimes don’t think  straight . 

Thanks for the Rank 

• Posted

Hi Leya.....  OMG...that is one of my complaints.......I tell everyone..  I cannot think straight with all the pain I have.     I've had non stop pain now for 3 months...   Literally going out of my mind.  I cry every single day...  It is so depressing.    Looking into going to Canada for a procedure with Dr. Allen Oolo Austin..  Look him up if you have time.  Not sure if my insurance will cover it though.  I live in Connecticut.   They should because it's only $7,500.   They would pay if my doc here wanted to do full blown surgery on me and that would be about $25,000.  The procedure in Canada in not surgical.   The never pain is the worst..... from my elbow to my finger tips.. Although it moves around alot.. One day my back hurts, then the shoulder socket, then the bicep, forearm.  It truly is a nightmare.   How can they do a heart transplant or cure Polio but the cant fix frozen shoulder!  WTF.

• Posted

My internist gave me Mobic (the generic).  24 hour pill and it did nothing at all.  Last night I did a tylenol pm and it lasted about 4 hours and then the throbbing started again.  Took another aspirin and the heating pad got plugged in and that helped a bit.   I am wondering if I will ever have a night's sleep again without pain.  I have tried aleve and advil and am clueless now what else to try.  That mobic is like celebrex I think.  They said originally that a powerful pain pill would make me an addict because this FS lasts so long.  Really depressing.

• Posted

Keep up the faith. It will eventually subside. I had intense, brought me to me knees and tears pain for 5-6 months. Then I could feel it slowly subsiding. Pain pills didn't do much, but I did find that keeping OTC topical pain relievers (patches and roll on) with me at all times helped. It got me through the pain at work so I could somewhat concentrate. I'm 11 months into this and I'm definitely in the last phase (unfreezing) thank God. I never thought the pain would subside, but I promise it will eventually get better.

• Posted

Nice to see a note that gives some hope.  I wish I understood the pain levels of the stages as the ortho doc never told me what phase I was in.  I called yesterday to find out and they haven't heard back from them.  Geez, now I am mad at this doctor's office on top of it all.   I just tried a pain patch but not sure if that is helping any.  It is the nighttime that is the hardest part for sure.  

• Posted

There's also roll on pain relievers too. I tried 3-4 different ones; find the one that works best for you. Night time was definitely tough. I got through it with sleeping pills, but I do remember waking up, sitting straight up, grabbing my arm and just crying in the middle of the night.... too many times to count. Its such a tough ailment because no one around you can commiserate. They don't understand. And, it takes so ridiculously long to heal. Its really unbearable for quite some time. And, unless the doctor has been through it they don't get it.

Stay strong. One day and night at a time. smile

• Posted

You really hit the nail on the head with all of your comments.  It is crazy that this lasts so long for sure and I can't tell you how many times I grab my arm.   It isn't even the shoulder that I grab but my bicep.  Sometimes the clavicle.  Boy for someone who never heard of this FS I am sure getting to be an expert.  The doctors should be experts too but as you said, they can't know what it is like until they go through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.