Random lightheadedness for a week, unfocused vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

On Monday, I started getting very lightheaded and nauseous in the middle of a test at 8, and it did not go away till later in the day around 1. It did not come back the next two days, until Thursday, when I started getting lightheaded again in the middle of my Chinese class, and this time it did not go away till I woke up the next morning. I can still preform everyday acts, as I scored pretty well on the tests I took while lightheaded. My family has a history of low blood pressure, and I have had attacks before, but not multiple times in a week. I am 16, and do not take any medicine. One week before this, I was sick with a cold. Can someone please help me out here? I've been very worried and have no idea what this is.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Look into POTS. Also, you could have BBPV ear crystals that have dislodged in your ear from your recent cold. Start writing a journal of your symptoms, so that if anything gets worse you have a good starting point when you see a doctor. Other possibilites are Vestibular Neuritis.I have POTS and MAV and this sounds very similar to how my illness started.

• Posted

Two pickles a day - compression socks, water, water and more water! Diet is huge, not eating wheat/ gluten or dairy. Sleeping elevated. Daily excercise - I can only walk at this point, but its working. Haven't got to discussing drugs with Dr yet for POTS, - not in a flare right now so hoping to manage the residule symptoms without meds until I have to. Squatting before passing out or when the dizzy hits has been really helpful.

• Posted

sometimes sinus infections can affect the middle ear and give those symptoms.

Do you have diabetes ? Does it run in the family ?

And last if you suffer from anxiety or have too much stress it can do that to you.

Hope you get better

• Posted

hi evan

do you have low blood pressure like your family? this is what first caught my attention, vertigo tends to tilt the world and its kind of like you know it when you feel it. do you have one of those apps on your phone that can check your blood pressure, heart rate ect? if you dont, i would get one and start tracking it. especially when you are feeling well so when you become lightheaded you have something to compare to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.