Random panic episodes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anybody else suffers from random panic episodes. I can go weeks with no symptoms then out of the blue bang the heart palps tight chest, air hunger and general unease for no reason nothing has changed in my life to bring it on and i dnt feel as though i should be anxious. Ive had an a echo test and numerous ecg and 2 different heart monitors all fine although i didnt have any episodes whilst wearing them also my bloods and blood pressure normal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I literally just made a discussion about this, my doctor told me when I got diagnosed with Anxiety that it'll come whenever it wants to come, you could be having the best day of your life and then of a sudden your anxiety symptoms will kick in, its just part of this horrible disorder.

I had it yesterday, no real stresses, but I all day I felt so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, I felt sick, I had a headache, I had a racing heart in the middle of the night, I had skipped beats in the day, I had chest pain, I had it all, for nothing..

I saw on a guy on tv the other day saying Anxiety is a lot like the weather, some days you wake up happy and ready to go, other days you wake up with a big cloud over your head, its just the way it works.

• Posted

What you are describing are very, very common anxiety symtoms. Most of us here have experienced all this and more. If you take the time to scroll through other Discussions in this forum on anxiety and read the whole thread of comments, you will get a better education than anywhere else, Rachel
  • Posted

Love this is why its an anxiety "disorder". Accept the diagnosis and start figuring out a plan with a therapist on how to manage it. It waxes and wanes in its nature.

• Posted

Yep that's anxiety, out of the blue. You should get on a antipressant so this won't happen any more. Hasn't your family doc suggested this? When we start to have test done, then we are having a problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.