Random red skin spots, what could it be?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My skin randomly became red like this over some parts of my leg after being in warm weather for a few hours. I assumed it could be a sun reaction, but it was on parts of my leg that were covered up by jeans. It went away after an hour or so. It has since appeared again, but this time I wasn't even in the sun for that long. Anyone have any idea what it could be and whether I need yo visit a doctor about it? It doesn't itch or hurt, the only thing is that the area feels hot to the touch.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It could be a reaction to the jeans. If they are new it may be the dye or even the seams causing irritation, but it could just be the warmth and close fitting. If they have never been washed,try washing them and see if thats better.

Some people react to seams that are sewn with polyester.

As long as you are feeling well I dont think you need a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.