Random sharp pain in chest & continued pain and tightness when breathing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am an eighteen year old female, and I am 5 foot 7 and weigh 116 pounds. When I was at work yesterday around 5pm I randomly had a sharp pain in my chest that continued whenever I breathed. Within 10 minutes, the sharp pained stopped whenever I took more shallow breaths, yet there was still tightness whenever I breathed. By 11pm, I did not have any tightness or pain when I breathed normally, however whenever I tried to take a deep breathe, I would feel the sharp pain again. As of now (roughly 24 hours later) I can take deep breaths, although I feel tightness and slight pain at the top of the breath. Also, the tightness comes whenever I lean forward.

I do not have any medical conditions (that I know of), my diet has been consistent, and I have not taken any forms of medicine within the past month.

While I have never been diagnosed with anything or spoken to my doctor about it, over the past 8 years or so I've had random episodes of my heart rate speeding up a noticeably significant amount for no apparent reason. These episodes typically last between 2-5 minutes (although there was once it last about 10 minutes), and normally stop or slow if I take steady deep breathes. I have never had any other symptoms during these episodes, so I've never been extremely concerned about them. Also, my resting heart rate is typically between 80-95 bpm. ( I only bring up my heart due to the pain being near my heart.)

Should I be concerned about the random pain/tightness in my chest?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.