Random sharp pinches/throbbing pain at the back of the head.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Briefing: I'm scheduled to have an MRI soon, but would like some insights on what I may be suffering from. I also had a blood test recently which came out fine with no abnormalities, however, I'm beginning to become anxious of what this pain may be.

Location of Pain: Back of my head on the left side, at a position opposite my left eye. The area where I feel this pain is within the red box in the uploaded picture.

Duration of Pain: Been suffering for the past 2 months.

Details: Sometimes I feel a sharp painful pinch that's always at the same spot. Sometimes it feels like a throb, but nonetheless it's painful enough to make me clench the area for relief and make me space out for just a slight moment. Once the pain starts occurring it seems like head movements, maybe even eye movements, seem to trigger the pain. When I'm not in pain, I feel great. When I feel the pain, my mood goes down completely as I pray it does not happen again.

Timing of Pain: It's unpredictable, although, the pain did occur for 2 hours today when I started sobbing over a depressing life event. The pain always lasts for less than a second. Sometimes the pain only occurs once and stops. However, sometimes it may even recur at random intervals for several minutes. This pain appears to be happening at least once every 1-2 days.

What helps: While laying down, I massage and apply pressure at the area of pain, it seems to slow down the frequency of the pains most of the time.

Other Symptoms: Infrequent sinus headaches; my sinus inside my nose has been pretty inflamed for the past summer and my other sinuses such as those behind my cheek and eyebrowns feel slightly pressured. My left eye seems a little blurred, but it's been like that for a while.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi mate i had a long of neck pain it turned out my vitamin d levels were low supplementing vitamin d3 helped have you had your vitamin d levels checked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.