Random stomach discomfort,

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'll try and include everything relevant but please ask for more info if needed.

I have been experiencing stomach discomfort on and off for around a week (indigestion, bloating, occasional mild cramps, wind). No nausea or vomiting, or unusual bowel movements. It seems more prominent when i am hungry or if i activily think about it (i.e if i focus on something else, it eases off) though it has been gradually getting better throughout the week.

i am not on any medication, no medical conditions (that I'm aware of atleast), i don't drink or smoke. I am not aware of any allergies or intolerances.

I am hoping to hear from anyone else in a similar situation, or with knowledge of this type of thing. I will definitely seek medical advice should anything get worse.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

where in your abdomen is the pain located?

• Posted

wasn't localised as such, it came and went in different places, though originally began just below the ribcage.

• Posted

if it doesn't go away in 2 weeks maybe go see a doctor but it sounds like either gastritis or ibs to me. I'm not a doctor though so I cant say for sure but i was just diagnosed with gastritis and my pains are under the rib cage.

• Posted

Could be gastritis or IBS; see your doctor to confirm if the pain comes back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.