Random urges to cry

Posted , 2 users are following.

so since I was in 7thh (I think)I have had these random moments that I just feel like bawling. Back then they didn't bother me too much because they didn't come very often and they would only last a few seconds . But now that I'm a tenth grader, they have been effecting me more and more lately. It effected me last year a lot too, but I didn't really have much time to focus on it because I was really depressed and I only cared about finding ways to kill myself. A lot of traumatic events have happened to me in my life, and a lot lately. Frankly I don't want to, and I don't have the time to list all of them. But I have noticed that lately these random urges to cry have been coming more often, stronger, and they take longer to go away.when these happen I usually can't cry, because I try to force myself not to. I am on a medicine but I have been on it since like fifth grade because it's for my ADHD Issues. Please tell me what I should do, because I really hate sitting in school or at home feeling like I'm going to cry just out of nowhere.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, if  you have ADHD it is very possible you have some type of depression which can cause these feelings. Plus you are a teenager which makes it worse, because your hormones are affecting your feelings (they go up and down like crazy). Please see your doctor as soon as you can because thinking of ways of killing yourself shows you are in a dangerous place right now--you can get help and don't need to suffer like this. Hugs
    • Posted

the thoughts of suicide are gone these days..... At least for the most part. It's just the manic depression and the sudden urges to cry that taunt me every day now
    • Posted

I am glad the thoughts of suicide are gone for now. You may need a therapist to help you start to deal with the things that are making you upset...in the meantime, try and go easy on yourself and remember that you are special and important and things will get better. smile
  • Posted

Hi summer, please go to see your GP, just to see if they can help in any way with Your low moods..

Can you talk openly to your mum or anyone else? If you can confide in someone else, maybe they could accompany you to see your GP to give you some support....... it is actually very common to feel this way at your age, for both girls and lads, your body is changing very quickly of which you have no control....

However as you do feel so low, you really should have a word with your GP... they will not be shocked by anything you say or feel xxx

Also, please talk openly to your mum, this is what mums are here for you..please take care, I wish you every happiness, Deirdre xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.