Range of motion after tkr

Posted , 5 users are following.

15 yrs ago I was in a horrible car accident after many surgeries and several months in a wheel chair Ii finally walked again. However I haven't been able to straighten my leg in 15 yrs. I had my tkr 20 days ago and therapy is Hello! Can anyone plz give me some advise for regaining Rom because these therapists r about to kill me trying to forcefully straighten my leg!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear about the accident. It can change our lives in an instant. As you have seemed to struggle with regaining your life and a simple thing as walking so many of us take for granted is a simple need and yet a struggle in this case.You have been thru so much regaining your health working so hard to gain strength and regain   movement to walk again.

I would like to suggest that you change doctors and ask for a thorough evaluation and insist that TKR is not helping you as expected. Ask for exrays MRI's there may be an issue that has not been seen on your tests before. Don't give in never give up until you have answers and results. 

I want thru a similar situation and it took several different doctors before I finally found one that helped. 

Hugs and Peace

HOPE

• Posted

Hi

I was in so much pain after my TKR July 2016, I did no exercises except when I was in a really hot bath. Which involves mainly straightening . I can just tell you with time it all came together. I was the opposite to you after football knee injuries my bend was not  very good. Just keep working at it in your own time.

As I said above I found really hot baths helped, get the knee hot then push it a little.

Find a therapist that has had a TKR!

Good healing

• Posted

Hi ashley

You will know long haul to recovery well TKR is another one my friend best advice i can give you is take your time dont let anyone push you to early

Hopefully chico marx will pick up on this and send you some links to some great exersise routines

Best of luck and stay strong.

• Posted

You are only 3 weeks post op here and you need to be patient.

It is a long hard road to recovery.

Yes you need to work hard through the pain barrier but also balance that with not trying to do too much too soon.

It seems to me that if you have come through this terrible accident and are walking again that you will surely be able to do this.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.