Range of symptoms but started with tight swallowing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, 

I will list my current/past symptoms. I would say this issue has been occuring for approx. 2 weeks now. Any information or shed light would be greatly appreciated.

I have had an endoscopy which showed nothing of significance other than a slightly narrow gullet. I don't think my doctor biopsied for H Pylori either.  I've been prescribed 40mg of Omeparazole and have been taking it for 1.5 weeks, I can't really tell if its helping because I have so many symptoms.

-Pins and needles/burning sensation in arms/legs/back/chest MOSTLY when lying down making it VERY difficult to sleep 

-Sensation of difficulty swallowing and gullet feels tight too 

-Stomach constantly making churning noises 

-Occasional loose stools 

-Some food seems to be undigested in stool 

-White tongue 

-Sometimes burp up liquid after consuming (but no traditional heartburn sensation) 

-Felt very bloated 1 week ago, but now bloating not as severe 

-Previously felt very nauseous but the nausea felt like it was coming from the throat area rather than the stomach. This has mostly subsided now also. 

-When all of these symptoms first started, I felt fatigued and my back muscles felt particularly tired and it was extremely uncomfortable to even sit down. This has also subsided. 

-Previously felt like there was a golfball in my throat, that has mostly passed.

If anybody has any thoughts/suggestions on what is going on, I would really appreciate your help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The pins and needles sounds like it might be transmitting through nerves, and your stomach does seem to be protesting about something and there was obviously something in your throat causing problems.

You have had an endoscopy, which is the first main test.

I do not know the answer, but I think I might try eating a very bland diet for a while, staying off spicy food or anything that might irritate the system.   Keep a food diary as well.

Then have a go at some form of relaxation therapy and see if that has any effect.

​Your white tongue should give a clue to something?

Taking Gaviscon may help for short periods against reflux.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I have wondered if the pins/needles are a side effect of the omeprazole but i'm still not certain. I also wonder if the stomach issues are also a side effect.

I am sticking to a bland no gluten/dairy/refined sugar diet for a while and seeing how I go. I usually stick to this diet most days anyway so it won't be much of a problem.

The white tongue could be some kind of indicator of candida?

• Posted

You are right that your white tongue could potentially be candidiasis, which would be worth checking out, but I wouold have thought that the endoscopy report would have noted it?   It can be very unpleasant.

?There are some hints about it in 'A Patient's Guide to Achalasia' from the OPA website, recommending cutting otu all dairy, alcohol, sugar, mushrooms, grapes and yeast-based products.

?But best get the diagnosis first!  

• Posted

Still waiting for biopsy report from the endoscopy, but basically the doctor noticed that the upper esophagus was slightly narrow. Will wait for the biopsy report and then discuss options with the doc!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.