Ranitidine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking Ranitidine 150mg tabs for a few months now and don't really see an improvement in my stomach pains at the moment. It sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't.

I take this at the same time with Citalopram (for stress and anxiety only).

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking Ranitidine 300 mg for a year (one tablet a day).  I noticed a sore throat when I wake up each day. My doc changed just my medication to 150 mg tab two times a day but I'm still experiencing the sore throat.  I'm in the process of keeping a daily log of what I'm experiencing.  After about 2 weeks, sore throat still happening - so I'm thinking it's a result of Ranitidine.  Think I will try not taking the medication for a few days and see what happens to see the sore throat is a result of the Ranitidine.  Has anyone else experienced the sore throat....
  • Posted

Hello I take the same citlopram and ranitidine and my acid reflex is no better I sometimes get the odd day where I am not in pain I feel bloating and feel feel sick I can't eat very much and I used to be quiet a good eater but now I get full very quickly I also suffer from panic attacks and depression
    • Posted

Im getting headaches and nausea with ranatdine plus my eyes feel strained along with sore throat!
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm also on citalopram, but I had acid reflux before I started the citalopram. Now it's even worse. Been taking omeprazole, but they don't seem to be working. GP has just prescribed rinitidine, but reading your experiences it doesn't fill me with much confidence. Is there any side effects?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.