Rant!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

What is so wrong with me? How can I change?

Why am I so pathetic? God I wish I was dead !!!!!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

wow, i know you must feel miserable. it's your illness talking, not you. 

do you have anything that you could take to help you relax. or get something that can calm you? you really shouldn't have to suffer like this. i know what its like to not want to be alive. it took a few years, but i am on medications that are working. i am glad i feel a lot better. i am happy that i didn't take my own life years ago. just try and hang in there. you dont know what the future brings. for now, please stay safe. keep sharing. someone has to have good advice for you! good luck to you dondons

• Posted

Depression is a hard master.  It doesn't want you to be better but there is a spark in you that wants out of this abyss.  One step at a time.  Call a friend and go out to meet for coffee.  Help someone else.  Talk to folks toy can trust and get a therapist.  You are not pathetic and imagine how your parents, children, whoever loves you would feel, especially if they don't even know you are depressed.  Journal all those awful feelings and then looked back later and see whether what you wrote something that is the depression is writing or that spark inside that wants to break free.  It is the hardest thing in the world to do and it doesn't happen overnight but read all the posts here about depression and understand you are not alone, ever.

smile and laugh out Lou's.  It produces endorphins that help make us happy.  Antidepressants help a lot, too.  Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi darling you have got to want to change - do you?  If so you have to open yourself to counselling and use it to help you to change.  It has to come from within you know and no one can do it for you.  There is no magic wand and you have to be prepared to put the work in yourself.  Are you willing to do that?  It will take time but you have to have faith that it will help you. 

We have all given you lots of advice in the past but until you start listening to it instead of repeating the same mantra - you wish you were dead,  or just calling yourself names,  then things won't change for you.  You also need to stop thinking that you are unique in your feelings and that no one else can possibly understand.  We do as we all suffer from depression here and we have told you lots about what helps us etc.   Instead of saying you can't do it you need to be more positive and say well yes I can do a bit of it and will start with the baby steps we have given you.

Like I said to you before dondon you have to make the choice of giving up or trying.  If you don't try then nothing will happen and nothing will change.  Bev x  

• Posted

Everytime I sign in this effin music. Argh!

You are not pathetic. Di you try Drs hun to help with sleep? Or ask if they could look into what we spoke about, appointment and such. Try ring you, no go. Sent text. I'm bit drugged up so bit out of it, but could you please text me to let me know you are ok. V. Worried. Nick. X

• Posted

I just can't seem to change I've tried everything I've been on umpteen meds, had counselling, therapy admissions to mental health hospital, I've tried to change myself but I just can't stop feeling this way nothing seems to help me xx
    • Posted

Yes but you don't have to act on how you are feeling do you?   If you start acting more positive then you will feel more positive.  Don't forget that with depression you have to do things to find the motivation to change and not the other way round.   

Changing things comes in stages and won't happen all at once.  One thing you could do is when you have a go at yourself practise following it immediately with a positive.  Say eg you call yourself lazy because you didn't get out of bed,  then practise adding 'I did get out of bed,  so I deserve praise for that'.   Ok you won't believe it but keep doing it and eventually you will start to believe it.    For every negative there is a positive you know.   

You are not going to be able to make big changes yet but doing enough little ones add up to big ones.  It's like a domino effect.   Just start doing that one.   No more just that.    Bev x

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel Ive been batteling the beast for 16 years

You are not alone my friend x

• Posted

Thank you, 16 years is a long time, I hope you're doing ok now xx
    • Posted

Good days and bad days but I just pick myself up brush myself down and get on with it

Stay Strong sweet x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.