Ranting/complaining thread! Sick and tired of SVT??? Come here!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all,

Though we should try to maintain a positive atmosphere on this forum, I thought it would be equally beneficial to have a thread to rant and complain, when the going gets tough.

At the end of the day we are all going through the same thing here.

Of course we have to stay positive about our life and our health,

but it's not very healthy to keep it all bottled up either...

What's the biggest issue SVT has brought into your life?

How have you overcome your personal SVT struggles?

How do you control your frustration on bad days?

Anything you need to get off your chest?

Feel free to rant/complain about your issues with SVT

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So I'll go first:

What irks me the most about having SVT is the limits it imposes on my life, increasingly.

It started as a fear of travelling too far away from the city. The main reason for that is, whilst hospitals in other cities will have Adenosine, I have anxieties around trusting doctors... the ones I know in my city, I trust. Others, I'm not too sure. Also, a huge advantage of never leaving my city is that there is a separate Cardiology A&E (ER), which means there is usually a very short waiting time - less than ten minutes - between arrival and being treated. This is a luxury I am not ready to miss out on. I've gotten used to this, so the thought of having to go to a huge hospital emergency in a new city, filled with people with various illnesses, kind of panics me... Again, I know that lots of people have to do that, but the facilities at my city's hospital have made me complacent...

And I hate that I have to think in this way, i.e., if God forbid I do travel somewhere, then I will still be tortured on my travels by the knowledge of being far away from my home hospital.

I can't take a damn flight without being terrified the entire time.

I recently overcame my fear of flying with SVT by taking a three-hour flight.

Mind you, I never had a fear of flying when my SVT was under control.

Mine is not a "fear of flying", but a "fear of flying with SVT". It's the increased frequency and gravity of my episodes that scares me. What if I got one aboard a plane?

Now I have the opportunity to travel internationally on a 9-hour flight to a great destination.

I've ALWAYS wanted to go there and I can't let my stupid SVT fears stop me.

But the fears do stop me. SVT stops me from a lot of things.

I'm the kind of person who feels a lot better when I put my feelings into words, so just posting this here now helps to quell my SVT frustration. I guess that's positive...!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.