Rapid heart beats

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 39-year-old woman. For the last 6 months, I have some episodes that are making me worried all the time. I had an echocardiogram, stress test, and had loop monitor for two weeks but nothing was found serious. My doctor told me my heart skips beats and sometimes it has premature beats. I was told that although  I have raising heart beats my heart has a regular rhythm. 

However, every night when I wake I notice rapid beats on my chest. It stops only when I change my position. Sometimes I feel very light headed for a few seconds and it makes me feel like I am going to fall. In the past, I was near to pass out stage and right after that feeling, I noticed my heart raised fast for a few minutes. I am worried that I have something else that is not detected yet. My concern is that I need further tests to figure out my underlying problems. Please advise. Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

mines less about the rapid heart but very closely related none the less. I started feeling lightheaded (not dizzy as others describe). It's been going on for 2 years but I've just begun to get breathless too. I'm very very scared but I don't really know what to do, nobody seems to want to help.

I may have good parts of the day but lately you can guarantee at night that I will feel I'm going to die and that I'm scrapping round for breath or for help which wakes me up, it's a vicious circle and my sleeping is appalling now. I have bad anxiety since I begun getting I'll where, if you allowed me to; I would sit and Google my symptoms all day long because I cannot believe there is just no answer to this. I feel like I'm going to stop breathing. Sometimes my heart does race but I too have had many tests and nothing found. I don't understand it!

Sorry that I can't offer help but I hope it's of some comfort knowing you aren't alone. I know better than anyone the dark can be a lonely place xx

• Posted

Yes, we are on the same page. Don't panic though. I used to be very nervous about it but now I take it easy. Whenever I feel sick I just wait and see what comes next. Worrying made my problems worse before for sure. I ended up going to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack but they sent me home after doing an EKG. Please try your best to make yourself better and healthy. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Hi Monica,

I too have incredibly similar symptoms to you, my heart rate drops and I feel like im about to faint and then spikes up way too high. My doctor believes it is Tachycardia- perhaps you should look into It?

• Posted

My doctors are giving me hard time saying I have stress/anxiety which is making me feel like that. I think that I have this kind of weird systems only because I have something they are not able to catch. I bought a Fitbit watch today to monitor my heartbeat. It is not going to show any skipping beats or irregular beats but at least I can show them how high it goes with a slow activity around the house. I am also curious to see my beats while I am in sleep. 

What did your doctor suggest you do? Are you on medication? I read about Tachycardia online but don't know much about it. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

I had exactly the same- I'm a 20 year old female so even family believed it was anxiety until I started fainting all the time! I've only just been informed they believe that's what I have, however embarrassingly I almost fainted in the doctor's office and so when taking my pulse he saw how elevated my pulse gets. My next step is a heart monitor and fingers crossed that catches something, as I know it doesn't for so many people! Treatment for tachycardia is predominantly a pacemaker, but the cases I've read up online are people aged 65+ so perhaps there are other methods for younger individuals. Hope that helps a little!

• Posted

Hi

Please get the prescription to have the loop monitor for long enough so it catches the problem. I had it for two weeks and that's what showed that my heart skips beats. Unfortunately, I was not at the passing out stage when I had the monitor on. In fact, doctors told me it is good that nothing was found. However, my problem is ongoing. At this stage I am determined and I will keep pushing them until they are able to detect it. Beleive it or not, my family doctor became annoyed that visited him many times. I don't even bother going to him anymore. I go to a walking clinic now. I wish you all the best. 

• Posted

You need to get on with your life and stop looking for something "wrong" that may never materialize, because anxiety is within your control, and furthermore, no one

has ever died as a result of an anxiety attack.  If there was something seriously wrong with your heart, all of your tests would not come back normal.  I can speak

from experience.

• Posted

I understand what you are saying. It is not fun to be worried about anything. I hope that I can come out of this situation and enjoy my life now. It is bothering me so much for the last 6 months. At first, I was at the pass out stage while driving on the highway. After that incident, I whet to see my doctor and it is ongoing till now. I am tired of checking my pulse and dealing with pounding heartbeat on my chest. 

It is very scary when my pulse goes to 111/122 when I stand up or do little something around the house. I never experienced anything like that before. I hope that I go back to my normal stage soon. 

I truly appreciate your reply and comment. Thanks.

• Posted

Can I ask your ages - Dr. Finally gave be a beta blocker for the fast heart beasts . I could not stand it any longer . They say my heart is fine . Just get fast beats  fast at times  , makes no sense to me . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.