Rapid heart rate short of breath help

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's been 9 days now since I've started having tachycardia, anytime I stand or walk my heart rate climbs over 100. resting itd around 90. I'm 31 years old. male 230 pounds. I recently have had ekgs, ultrasounds, thyroid tests, xrays. all are normal. Only thing they noticed is im really low on ferritin and iron. I donated blood 4 times this year. whoops. made the mistake of not knowing how much iron is depleted from your body after a blood draw. is it possible this is all caused from.my deficiency? right now im taking an iron supplement. the type of iron is ferrous bisglycinate chelate. 29 mgs. 161 percent my daily value it says. is this enough to replenish my lefvels? I'm also eating s good iron diet and drinking orange juice with my supplement. any help, any at all ill gladly appreciate. tired short of breath and fast heart rate. Not something im enjoying. sky high anxiety as well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

id like to add my shortness of breath is not as bad as day 1.

• Posted

Hi,

Could you share blood results?

Have you checked liver enzymes and bilirubin and transferin and CBC and vitamin B12?

Please be careful with iron supplements.

If you have a low ferritin they won't help a much actually.

Please check blood again (with items mentioned above) then get as much rest as possible.

Pozdrawiam,

Przemek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.