Rapidly deteriorating vision

Posted , 1 user is following.

24F vape sometimes. Don't smoke. (Binge) drink sometimes but recently quitted drinking. Have done psychedelics and ketamin in past but also stopped doing that.

1,5 years ago i started seeing starburst around lights at night. I didn't think much about it till suddenly 1 year ago i also started seeing it during the day. It kept getting worse and worse. Right now i can't see in the dark anymore, anything that gives light is out of focus (screens, etc...) and gives me after images and my depth perception and peripheral vision is also impared. I have also issues with processing things that are moving fast which makes things like gaming almost impossible. Since 4 months i can't drive in the dark anymore and since 2 months its also getting harder and harder to drive during the day since my peripheral vision and depth vision are getting worse and worse. I also have reduced contrast in my vision and colors also seem slightly washed out.

I already went to 2 eye doctors, both couldn't find anything wrong. 2nd one thought it might be my optic nerve and gave me thiamine and b-complex since i have a history of undereating. Been taking those for 3 weeks now, haven't noticed any improvements in vision.

I don't have any family history of eye disease.

I'm worried since i don't know what is going on and i'm scared that it will keep getting worse.

Does anyone know what this can be?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.