Rare Oral Herpes? PLEASE HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Approximately 5 years ago a drunk girl gave me a peck on the lips, I wiped my lips off.

The next morning I woke up with a painful rash all over my top lip that dried up and resulted in chapped lips, where the skin died and regenerated. No pus or obvious cold sore.

I have had this same outbreak approximately once a year except for this year where I have had it almost continuously, I have been very stressed.

I went to the doctor who says it isn't cold sores (I have to wait 2 weeks for a blood test), however I have found someone who tested positive for HSV2 by blood test with my EXACT symptoms.

Before an outbreak, my lip/nose area is tingling a lot and I feel a strong twitching in my lip.

Is it possible that I have mild cold sores?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It is possible but you won't know until you receive your results. What is the weather like right now? If it's once a year and it is in the colder months, it could be a result of that... just the weather. I get acne on my mouth area, outside of my lips and also get chapped/peeling lips... occasionally I'll have tingling or burning but never get a cold sore. It's just lip sensitivity.

• Posted

I get it in all weathers, mostly in the summer. I really hope it isn't. Thank you very much for your response

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.