Rash

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, this itching is driving me crazy, I have a rash all over me. The gp has taken me off my HRT hoping that that was the cause but I’m still itching , as anyone else had this rash and was it your HRT? 

Thankyou

Sandy. X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I had a rash as well but no it wasn't the hrt. It was my laundry detergent the chemicals were bothering me. Have you taken a benadryl to calm the itching? Another food item that makes me itch, is sugar. Avoid it if you can.

• Posted

Hi. I’ve used the same laundry detergent for many years so I don’t think it is that, I don’t have sugar and again haven’t for about 20 years,  I don’t think it is the HRT as I’ve not taken it for a week now and I’m still itching like mad, I just wandered if it was a symptom of the menopause

Thankyou. 

Sandy. X

• Posted

Yes, like you I used the same detergent for over a decade and I never had a reaction before until I started perimenopause. My doctor said it may be your detergent it could be too harsh for your skin right now because everything is more sensitive because you're in perimenopause.

• Posted

I also developed a severe rash, hives, because of a specific brand of liquid detergent I was using to wash my dark clothing--delicates.  I now use the least amount of any detergent I can and rinse each batch of laundry twice or more, until there are no suds left.  Also, I avoid detergents with lots of scent.  
  • Posted

Hello I’m 47 and I was itching off and on for a year was crazy no rash just itching all over my body I did develops a rash behind my head above the neck they gave me Zantac it helps for a month but then I got it back for 2 months and off. I had no explanation why but I believed is perimenopause. This year I’m itch free but I have headaches and heart racing, palpitations and blur vision, 
  • Posted

Hi Sandy

I have a terrible itch on my left arm. Was at a new GP on Tuesday and she prescribed a steroid cream for it. Working so far and only using it a day. I was on HRT for 3 months. Came off it end of october and the itch started along with hot flushes which i never had before. It may take a few weeks for your itch to go until its completely out of your system.

• Posted

Hiya, I’m at the doctors on Thursday so hoping she prescribes me something for it, it has got a little better since I stopped the HRT but still there, mines mostly on my wrists, thumb and palms of my hand, it drives me crazy. 

Thankyou 

Sandy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.