Rash

Posted , 5 users are following.

So a week ago I took an overdose of 70 paracetamol. I received the treatment, the antidote but not so long ago a really weird rash came up on my arm. It can be just an allergic reaction but i don't know to what. Anyway I still get quite a severe pain in my stomach, and I still feel very nauseous. I am not quite sure if there is anything to worrie about?  

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Please pay no offense but....

1. I would be worried why the overdose happen. More if you need help there are always people available to talk.

2. It can be that your stomach is irritated. I would go to my gp for piece of mind.

Meanwhile worries would not help your condition either way.

Best of luck

Ed

• Posted

And last but not least let your body recover
  • Posted

Feel lucky to be alive and you don’t have a serious illness!
  • Posted

Did they have you on the slow acting intravenous drip over 2 days? 

Also, you will feel crap for a couple of weeks , paracetamol is awful on your stomach.  The pain is horrendous with a paracetamol OD. As for the rash, not sure what that is id see your gp to see if it's stress related or a reaction to the medication for the overdose.  Don't be surprised if you get or have had bad runs too. 

Please seek some help to for why you have done this. I'm no way having a go, I've done this myself and damaged my organs. 

Someone would seriously miss you..... take care x

• Posted

Hi Amela

firstly can I say I’m so sorry to hear that you reached such depths of despair - I’ve been there, I have been so physically I’ll for the past 15 years I’m pretty much housebound and I’ve lost so much eventually my mind broke and I took an overdose of huge proportions, I really wanted it all to end. Nobody can know what you’re going through or what took you to such a terrifying and finite place but my heart goes out to you....

I got a bad rash from the antidote which I’m womdering if you may be experiencing? The best thing would be to see a Dr for a check up on how your recovery is going.

I hope you are receiving support from mental health services and are getting as much help and support as you need.

💟

• Posted

Thank you for your kind word it means a lot. As you say its probably just a rash from the antidote. 
  • Posted

No thanks necessary your post touched and concerned me deeply, I’m wondering how you are in yourself today and if the rash is improved?

sending heartfelt get well wishes x

• Posted

I am not doing to good to be honest but what can we do? The rash seems to be going away slowly but surely 
  • Posted

I’m sorry to hear that Amela - are you getting any support? I know it’s difficy to ask for help or even believe that help can change anything when you feel so low but there are places and people out there that really can help and with time things can and do change x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.