rash along with cysts

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been suffering from cysts and anal cysts for over a year. They appear monthly along with a rash that never goes away. The rash does get worse right before a cysts develops. I was diagnosed with an anal fistula and surgery is scheduled for November. I finally changed dermatologists with concerns with the rash getting worse. She took samples and was later told it was mersa. I’m now on oral antibiotics and cream for the rash. My dermatologist hopes that this will clear up anymore cysts and possibly healing the fistula. I’m thinking of canceling my surgery and have notified my surgeon about the mersa (haven’t heard back from him). 

Have any of you had mersa along with your cysts or fistula? So confused now

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

Do you mean MRSA? 

If it is MRSA I do not think they would operate on you until this clears up but I would not advise cancelling your surgery, only postpone it to give this treatment time to work. 

If your fistula is draining or causing any pain then it is not a good idea to just leave it. At least draining seton should be placed in the fistula to keep the fistula open to try to prevent further infection. Keep doing sitz baths every day and keep the area as clean as you can and as advised, keep your diet clean, avoid all sugar and make sure you have enough fiber each day until this clears up. Good luck. 

• Posted

Yes, mersa or MRSA. Sorry, I have seen it spelled both ways. My dermatologist did tell me that I needed to put off the surgery if it did not clear up. I was just wondering if the fistula caused the MRSA since  the cysts began appearing before the rash. The rash started about 5 months ago. What I’m hoping is that the fistula will heal naturally. The first time I went to the colon/rectal surgeon he could not find a fistula. The second time I went (to have another cyst) drained, his PA found it. I’m not even 100% sure I have one. He made a comment to his nurse that he thought he saw one by probing the cyst (that really hurt). I guess I’ll see when the MRSA clears up and if I get another cyst. 

Thank you

• Posted

Hello, sorry I don't have any experience with MRSA so can't help. Good luck with the treatment. Let us know how you get on please. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks. When it rains it pours. Can’t wait until all this is over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.