Rash inbetween thighs LS??????

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi me again , I have developed a rash not itchy just very inflamed and sore and starting to weep a little .

Not sure if this is related to my LS or the heat at the moment as living in Spain.

Have tried the last few days baby powder, Lavender, Zinc, Nappy rash cream and Vaseline.

Today I have resorted to hydrocortisone 0.5mg.

Feeling so miserable as painful to sit even on a towel any advice lovely ladies please ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi Susan,  I checked out medicalnewstoday dot com about rashes on inner thighs that are not itchy. It offers chaffing and some other more rare suggestions.  You might want to read up there for more ideas. 

I didn't see solutions or didn't read that far. but it did mention overweight and heat being causes.  Just a though here what about long SILK underwear?

• Posted

Hi Nancy i manage to purchase some synalar cream last night as here in Spain most things can be purchased over the counter and it seems to be working 🙏

No silk here i am afraid lucklily i stocked up on cottons knickers before i left the UK 🤗

• Posted

Please don't use baby powder on open sores. Talc is bad for open sores.

I'm no Dr so if course I can't diagnose, but here are my personal thoughts...

I wouldn't use a cream barrier like Vaseline or zinc on open oozing areas.

I'd try a medicated powder, talk free like ammens powder over the counter.

Or maybe if it's more serious then a heat rash... Like a fungal jock itch , yes ladies can get this... You can try an antifungal powder .. May say for athlete feet and jock itch. Also over the counter. Keep area dry as possible. If no improvement in a few days, see a doctor. Good luck .

• Posted

I also came out in a hot red rash between thighs and was told it was heat rash. Its still there several weeks later but has faded over time. I was put on Clobestol and Vagifem at the same time and actually thought it was one of these causing a reaction so stopped both. Now it doesn't matter what I try to use as a moisturiser it makes the rash sting like mad and I have to wash it off again, so really don't know the answer

• Posted

Hi Linda , I feel your pain but luckily i got synalar last night over the counter and its helping.

No stinging or burning 🙏

I hope you find something soon 😘

• Posted

Linda I believe there is a connection between using the Clobestol and rashes. I have a feeling that sometimes when you use the Clobestol cream it all depends on what area you use it as to whether it will give you a rash or not.  For example, I used it on an open sore (years ago) near my butt and instead of making it better it caused a huge red rash that seemed to spread everywhere, including in the crack of my butt...this is why we need more research into everything relating to LS.  
    • Posted

Hi Guppy007 thanks for the reply. Its all trial and error. It doesn't matter what I use to moisturise it seems to burm. Now tried coconut oil and developed a little sore. Trying the Vagifem again to see what happens. Its all trial and error. Never had any trouble till the doctor decided to take me off HRT because of my age.

• Posted

Susan, where exactly have you been using the steroid cream? ...see my other post.
    • Posted

Hi  I had stopped using it for three days when I developed the rash.

To be honest I blame myself as everytime I read good reports that ladies are having  I try something new.

My labia ect seemed to be getting better and despite rash still is .

But same as you rash is very inflammed around my anus and crack 😬 

• Posted

I have had LS for a few years above my clitoris and in between my vagina and annus. I have atrophy on my right labia from it. It itches sometimes, but I really try not to rub, but sometimes ya just have to!!! I don't have Intercourse very often cuz it hurts so bad after from the friction. And lubes burn really bad!

Clobetesol helps to keep it somewhat in check.

Taking a bath with baking soda and borax helps as well...Google it!

I hope you have found some relief

• Posted

Hi Susan was it the Clob that caused the rash and how long did you use it?
    • Posted

I am do not think so as i feel it was more than likely the fact i was overdoing the oils as they left my groin very moist and in the heat it just escalated.

I do not find coconut oil very benificial can sting me and far too greasy.

I am finding Olive Oil better in moderation 🤗😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.