Rash mystery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a rash that is not itchy and doesnt go away. I first noticed it on my right calf probably several months ago at this point. My wife noticed new smaller places elsewhere on my calves and insisted i make an appointment with a dermatologist, so i have, but the nearest appointment was 2 months away. Now it appears as though i may have a small place on my back. I am wondering if there are any obvious things that i might be missing, i havent identified any common dermatological conditions that meet all the criteria. Leukemia patients get similar rashes but i dont have other common symptoms of leukemia. My wife is worried to death. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I couldn't post pictures on the first post, here are pictures of some of the places including the largest and original one. 

• Posted

It could be something you’re allergic to. Some things to consider would be the washing detergent, your clothes, bedding, sheets, etc. Start taking notes of when it started and when other symptoms start and progress. Hopefully, it will just go away, but you never know. Mine started as a simple rash, but progressed to itching all over my body and a year later was diagnosed as Urticarial Vasculitis. Good luck to you.
    • Posted

Aren't allergic reactions typically itchy? Or with raised bumps/hives? I tried using aloe and moisturizers on the main area, with no change, and also it doesn't go away if i'm wearing shorts to where no fabric is even touching it for days. 

• Posted

You did the right thing to see a dermatologist. Make notes of anything you can think of to ask your doctor: when it started, changes, diet, environment, etc. Another important thing to consider is stress. Stress could be a factor. Continue to take pictures, because that could help your doctor to determine a diagnosis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.