Rash on hand due to stress - any natural cure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm seeking your advice.  Due to family illness (sister may have cancer) I've developed a rash on my left hand.  This has happened before when my brother-in-law died and it finally resolved after many courses of antibiotics and steroids. I would rather not go down that route again if possible. Has anyone experienced same and if so are there any natural cures for it?  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Irishgal,

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately as it is unknown exactly what causes these symptons of stress rash, the only recommended treatment is to lower stress levels.

This can be helped by regular excercise and eating a balanced diet rich in Omega-3, which can help bring down the inflammation of the rash.

You could also take an antihistamine tablet to reduce the inflammation and itchiness of the rash.

- Mistrys

• Posted

Hi Mistrys,

Thanks a milliion for your tips - I'll certainly try them.

Irishgal

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your sisters' possible diagnosis. Stress is a powerful emotion and it does cause havoc with our bodily systems. If stress is the cause no topical treatment will 'cure' your rash.

If you need to help ease itchiness and redness you could try sudocrem or any other ointments suitable for baby's to see if they help. They are not expensive either. You could also try E45 or Aveeno creams. They help ease my eczema. Try asking the pharmacist for any recommendations too.

Take care

• Posted

Hi Monica,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Regarding my sister its a waiting game now as she had a D&C today and a biopsy as there is a shadow on her womb.

I'll certanly get Aveeno.

Thanks again. 

• Posted

Hi. I'v experienced the same thing especially due to stress levels, and I have found that by frequently keeping hydrated by drinking cold water has helped me alot. I normally begin to get very warm when I get rashes so I find that helps alot. Also, doublebase gel is really good. Grease your skin with that daily and you will certainly get a result. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi.

Thanks a million for replying to my query and for your very helpful tips - guzzling water at the minute to get a handle on the rash.  Will certainly look at getting doublebase gel.

Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.