Rash on inner thighs

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageimage

what could it be?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think this could be the start of a fungal infection which is common in the groin and thigh area ,especially in men.

You can buy a cream OTC for this. Look for the active ingredient of clotrimazole,or more specifically a cream for Jock itch If this doesnt clear up the rash in 2-3 weeks,or makes it worse then stop using.

The rash develops in sweaty areas especially where the sweat cant evaporate. Only wear 100% cotton underwear,and no tight lycra or pants made of artificial fibre. . Dont wear any pants at night. Ideally wash your pants at a temperature of at least 60 deg to kill the fungus.

• Posted

I also get this! - usually if I haven't shaved my bikini line in a while and the hair has grown back prickly. If i sleep in bed on my side, it causes the prickly hair to rub on the inside of my legs! Maybe this could be the same for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.