Rash on Knee (weeping) and Face (butterfly)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

?On Wednesday evening I noticed I had a red mark on my knee cap. It was in the shape of a `C` with curly bits on the end. Anyway, I thought nothing of it until the following morning when I woke up with really painful and achy knees. I felt awful, but pushed myself to go singing - which I spent 2 hours constantly stood up (it was very painful). When I got home my knee was really red, and quite sore. My skin was weeping were the skin had cracked within about 15 minutes of sitting down. It does not itch and I did not touch it at all. I am a bit baffled and wondered whether it could indicate an autoimmune disease. It was the first time my knees had ached and hurt. ?I have been struggling (for about 2 years) with fatigue, aches and pains (hands, wrists, knees and ankles). I have had a butterfly rash which for lasted several months, and am constantly tired. I had a blood test done for ANA, ESR etc.. back in January (when it was only fatigue and achy wrists) and all came out fine. I am worried that the antibiotics had been on for at least three weeks when I had my blood test, may have affected the results. I now have painful, stiff and achy knees and ankles too. 

Should I ask for a repeat of the blood test before I go back to see the Rheumatologist next month?

?I'm 26 years old.

Sorry my post is so long.

Many thanks

?Jade

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Here's a photo. It's not very good and you can't see how red it was, because this site says that my good photos are to big of a file to upload!

• Posted

Not sure about antibiotics affecting results but it is possible for blood tests to be negative and still have Lupus. Phone vasculitis uk or if in US the vasculitis foundation for guidance on this but currently no absolute blood test exists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.