Rash on penis that doctors keep overlooking

Posted , 5 users are following.

basically the title says it all.

ive a rash on my penis, ive been struggling with it for around 4 months and everytime i see a doctor they just overlook it.

ive started taking pictures to show them what it gets lime but i feel like im getting nowehere.

It starts on the corona, and can flare up spontaneously and cause a red rash all over the head of the penis.

it smells, but there is rarely any discharge. its itchy and occasionally sore. it becomes worse after sexual activity. the rash isnt like a nlistering rash, if anything its like a dry rash, like youd expect on your arm, but it smells.

im a hygienic person, i shower every morning, and have not introduced any new soaps or anything. i use only water.

ive tried using clotrimazole cream, this gets a hold on it and relieves the itch but never fully clears the rash or discolouration it is causing. ive tried washing with water, with an emolient, using emolients through the day, using alternatives like sudacrem, and just doing nothing, but no solution has been found to help and doctors wont answer me.

the final point of note, ive had prostatitis around the same time this rash started occuring. is the rash, and the smell, a possible effect of that? and if so has anyone had those symptoms? i finished antibiotics 6weeks ago, still in a lot of pain from prostatitis but think i am slowly recovering - its an awful infection and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Male, 27

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

also fyi, ive had a full STI test and its all clear

• Posted

i had the exact same thing started when pains in lower abdomen and groin which was later suspected prostatitis.

mine comes on after a night sleep or sometimes during the day. shower always seems to alleviate.

it was a lot worse 18 months ago for me and has slowly changes to a light red rash, was darker red patches to begin with.

all STI tests clear for me also but i do have elevated IGa in my blood samples.

only bacteria that was ever cultured was Enterococcus faecalis for me. nitrofurantoin cleared that to where it no longer cultures. it also eliminated the rash for some months after but it had returned but now my urine cultures are negative no one wants to know.

• Posted

Do you use a condom? It is known that condoms made of latex can cause rashes and discomfort.

• Posted

an update - nothing really to update on.

i got given some topical cream which has controlled it but there is still massive discoloration.

not mentioned above, i also have recurring penile edema and pain after sexual activity for the last few months. went to hospital the first time it occured but they didnt really care as there was no discoloration (in terms that it wasnt a purple penis) so sent me home to rest.

im going to ring the doctors again tomorrow as ive been on the cream for almost 2 weeks and the discoloration hasnt really improved.

ive done googling and seen somat about penile blood clots - ill see what doctor says tomorrow but the veins on my penis do hurt and are more prominent then they used to be several months back, and theres this reoccuring penile edema after sexual activity, when my erection is going down and blood is leaving the penis.

just not sure if this vein thing and the head discoloration are related but it makes sense in my mind

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.