Rash on penis, wondering what it is?

Posted , 16 users are following.

hi all,

I've had this rash for about a week; it has subsided a bit but i'm still a little worried about it. It is not painful, sore or itchy. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

imageimage

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, these kinds of symptoms are quite common - the issue is pinpointing what it is that has caused them as a number of factors can be relevant. Issues can include sexual activity, amount and vigourousness of masturbation and the types of chemical based substances that are in regular contact with the head of your penis. I am guessing your issue is mainly linked to chemical substances.

All you can do is monitor this and see what happens. I will include a general guide I often post here for these issues, try putting as much of this in place for 2 or 3 months and see what happens. If you have a noticeable worsening, by all means update this forum ......

Penile Hygiene Protocol to Combat Penile Problems

In the mean time abstain from applying anything at all to your penis - wash the head / glans with water only, dry 100% immediately afterwards, draw your foreskin as far forward as you can each time you shower to protect the head, once you have thoroughly rinsed everything off, expose the head of your penis and rub with the inside of your hand only. Don't apply any Lubes, Baby Oil, Moisturiser or Skin Creams / Lotions to it. If you are sexually active, or Masturbate, clear away any fluids from the entire surface of the head of your penis as soon as you can. If you use condoms regularly try doing without the need to use them for a few weeks. (*If you are a regular condom user you may need to abstain from using them for 2 or 3 months to achieve any noticeable difference.)

By doing all these things hopefully you will get a positive reaction. If you use any of the things I have listed to avoid, on a regular basis at the moment, you can reintroduce them one at a time and see if symptoms return to discover what the potential cause was ... As ever, if it worsens considerably seek Professional Medical advice .....

• Posted

thanks so much Wee Dugie!! that has made me feel a lot better. i have already started to do what you suggested! I'll keep you updated. thanks again!

• Posted

hey .. it go cured or not.. my penis head looks just same as yours.. plz reply

• Posted

i have same problem but looking at what you are saying i think masturbation will be the cause of my problem. how do i treat it?

• Posted

Balanitis- go get antibiotics or clean with running water and rub your head with your fingers and let drip dry

• Posted

Hi Tanki2, obviously I need to bow to your superior Medical knowledge and the practical experiences you have both personally and in your profession. Perhaps you can help clear up some confusion? " Balanitis " seems to refer BOTH to typical symptoms, and to specific skin conditions of the genitalia, it would seem? (and can effect women it would seem too?!)

According to this Patient.info website typical symptoms:

" include redness, irritation and soreness of the end of the penis (the glans). It can range from a small patch of redness confined to part of the skin surface of the glans, to the whole glans becoming red, swollen and painful. Sometimes there is a thick clumpy discharge which comes from under the foreskin. " - among other things as well as effecting the foreskin.

In terms of specific types of Balanitis conditions these include:

Zoon's > Circinate > Pseudoepitheliomatous keratotic and micaceous balanitis

I myself sufferer from Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO), so what is going on? Are we right to refer to symptoms themselves as Balanitis, or do we need to be sure a specific condition is present. or are both of these right?

As a BXO sufferer I have found it essential to remove all moisture from the Glans and Foreskin of my penis (and this is why I give my advice that I do) each time it is present. Otherwise my symptoms worsen - and this is why I have broadened-out and developed a Protocol / Penile Hygiene Regime - for others who actually have, or potentially may have a similar Penile condition. Wash after urination, after physical activity has caused sweat in the area, after sexual arousal and ejaculation is essential - as is completely drying the penis (carefully) with a dry towel ......

• Posted

imageimage

I have this rash going on. its around my foreskin idk. I went for a urine test came out negative. idk for wat they tested but I thought I had a UTI. I'm pretty sure I did. I just need answers. it irritating, burning, and like a poke itch like if the skin wants to heal.

• Posted

hey

my penis head

a week ago i had a rough masturbation and next morning i saw my penis head turned red and there was a small bump with wrinkles around it on the side of my penis head i thought it could be rashes or friction burn and the redness reduced but after 3 days when i again masturbated the redness again appeared and also it turned purple at the larger end of penis head but it doesn't hurt at all

i am really worried about this

is this just rashes or some disease please help me. Its depressing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.