Rash on the groin and penis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am male, 24. I developed an itchy rash on my waist 4 weeks ago. Suddenly the rash spread around the groin and on to the penis. When I scratch the rash, it gets worse. The rash on the picture was small, scratching made it worse. I have used various topical creams such as ketoconazole, clotrimazole, bethamethasone. The rash is smooth to the touch.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The rash appears in the scrotum as well. The rash on the waist clears and new ones appears.
  • Posted

Have you recently started wearing new pants or new jeans/trousers?   Or started using different washing powder? It could just be an allergy to something new that is in contact with your skin. Try a 1% steroid cream and  an antihistamine tablet  daily for 2 weeks. If no improvement,or the rash is still spreading you probably need professional advice.

Itchy rashes are notoriously difficult to deal with and can be caused by so many things. Often they go as quickly and mysteriously as they arrived. 

• Posted

The rash is reducing slowly now. This is the 5th week since it's appearance. I've been using Bethamethasone cream for a week now. It seem to be a yeast/fungi infection.

• Posted

Have you treated it now ?I seem to have the same infection. Help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.