rash on top of hands

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have this rash all over my hands for ten three weeks that I can't get rid of I get it every summer

But this year it is very red and can't seem to get rid of it any thoughts on what creams too use

I am. Currently using canesten cream

How can I attach a picture

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark,

Did you try antihistamine cream/tablets? You say you are using canisten, did a doctor confirm it was a fungal/yeast type infection?

Regards

Nicola

• Posted

Hi Nicola

No I havnt been to the doc with it I generally get it every year come spring it can be brought on by the sun but not this time

This time It appeared in March time and got worse in late March when I was working with latex gloves on one day and has go slightly better since them but worse again in the past three four days

I usually use canesten but it takes it forever to clear up using it many 4-6 weeks

How often would I need to take antihistamine tablets to see a result usually take one or two here and there to see if it helps and it usually doesnt

• Posted

I have deleted the post with the link to the image as we do not link to that site. See my post below on uploading images to the forums.
  • Posted

I cant imagine Canisten would do much for you.  It is for fungal and yeast infections.  It could well be caused by a reaction to something relating to weather change. 

If I were you, I would try out antihistamines

I just googled this :Antihistamines work well to relieve symptoms of different types of allergies, including seasonal (hay fever), indoor, and food allergies.

They are usually just 1 pill a day from any supermarket / chemist. 

They would take a few days to kick in.

Sorry for the late reply smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.