rash Xolair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm new here and doctor wants to put me on Xolair and I'm a bit worry about the side effects and I had these severe rash which are so bad since 2013 and it's itchy everyday and went to holiday in Europe and was not that pleasant with this rash. I was told it will cost 1500 dollars Canadian per shot and hope my plan will accept it cause I'm suppose to start taking it April 11 if approved so did anyone had any side effects from this medicine Xolair

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I did a 6 month course of Xolair last year with great results and no side effects.

I've just started, this week, my second course so fingers crossed it works just as well!

I hope that it works as well for you!

• Posted

Thank you hanneke for the encouragement cause I'm an older person and was

so worried about this. I read all the side effect and sorta scared me but my rash

is so bad and all over that I will have to take the gamble if my plan takes the cost

and hope they do cause very expensivee, thank you so muchj

• Posted

I was on Xolair shots for 1 year. They increased to 300mg. shots. It helped for a few months and then stopped. I did not have any side effects from shot, but unfortunately they did not stop the intense itching and breakouts. Hope u have better luck, a lot of people have had good results.
    • Posted

i wonder if it's the computer cause i find it gets worse when i'm on computer and i'm on at least 14 hours a day cause i'm retired, so would like to know if most of you people with this itch and rash are on computer to, thanks Judy for let me know about how it went with you

• Posted

I've only had one shot of 350 mg last month and no side effects at all so far hopefully I won't ever get some other then that i am very healthy 

• Posted

Glad to hear your doing well with your shot and I'm getting mine next month if my plan accept it. Thank you for letting me know about it's going with you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.