Rashness, Full body itch after sweating or getting wet

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had this condition for about the last eight years. It started very gradual. I would only itch sometimes after a shower, and I initially thought it was from showers with hard water. It is at the point now where if I work in the yard and sweat or the humidity gets high or I take a shower, either the patches where I sweat the most or my entire body will itch for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. There is no rash and no visible signs of inflammation or redness, or anything of that nature. The itching can go from minor irritants to full blown pins and needles itching. if I scratch the itch or just rub where it itches, the itching is relieved for about a second and then it comes back stronger. I find that it happens more in warm weather.

Anti-allergy medication does not help. Painkillers do not help. Over the counter anti-itch medications, ointments and creams do not help. I have seen a dermatologist for the condition, and the best solution they gave me was a lotion that restores pH balance. I had a allergy prick test done about 10 years ago and it came back fully negative.

Most of my life I have had an issue where sometimes the inside layer of skin in my mouth will peel after I brush my teeth. It was suggested to me that this might be an auto immune disorder, but I have not been able to find any condition that describes my symptoms. it was also suggested that it might be a fungal infection. I tried some anti-fungal cream and did not see any changes.

I am desperate to find out what this is and get some relief from it. When I have an extreme itch fit, it is almost unbearable.

Thanks all

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

dry skin sounds like a possibility. after shower blot dry try , not to rub. apply a moisturizer.

there are many good types on the market that seal moisture in the skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.