Ratio for baking soda v water

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I finally have a small spray gun and would like to try the baking soda treatment.  What ratio baking powder should I use in water ?  When and how often should I use it ?

Also over indulged in wine and stress this Chistmas (had the in laws here for six nights !!).  Only dianosed with LS in bum and bits last month but now noticed small patches appearing on my thighs and elbows.  Using the Dermovate which helps but would the baking soda treatment work there too ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Janet, I think if you put a couple of pinches of BSoda in a cup of water that should work, but others on this site may know better.  I have been using this every time I urinate, and it  immediately takes away any soreness or itching afterwards and so its well worth doing.

I think the Dermovate cream should help with the patches you have on your body but the BSoda  is really only helpful diluted and sprayed on after urinating.

Six nights is a long time to have ones Mother in law in residence! .... no wonder your out of sorts ha ha!!

• Posted

Thanks will try tonight. Wasn't just the mother in law ! I'm exhausted they went home yesterday.  
    • Posted

Ps does it need to be warm water as not desolving! Baring in mind I am in uk and it's very cold here ! 
    • Posted

Warm is probably better..I'm English and so I know how cold it can get...

Suzanne...thanks for the tip on the perineal bottle, I had no idea they even existed. I have ordered one.

• Posted

Hi Janet--I just put a couple of pinches in my perineal bottle (also called lavette bottle) given to women around here when they give birth (I still have mine from many years ago). I like this way of rinsing better than a spray bottle because it rinses softly, more like a bidet!  These bottles are available very cheaply by googling.  --Suzanne
  • Posted

I do three pinches in a spray bottle.  The water is warm, just for comfort.  I do this everytime after urinating.  It has proven to be very soothing and calming.  

Also very beneficial are baking soda baths (1/3 cup per bath)  

Diet helps too:  No sugar, alcohol, caffeine.  No gluten, dairy. (basically an alkaline diet)  Lots of salads and vegies.  

• Posted

Hi Janet,  The trick is to soak for 20 mins in a bath with 1/3 cup bicarbonate of soda added to it twice a week, then treat with clobetasol proprionate or whatever steroid you are using for about 90 seconds using only a small pea size amount well rubbed in to the softened area.  If you are just rinsing and cleaning then a pinch is sufficient as less is more with this stuff.    Thankyou Suzanne for the information about the lavette bottle.  I had never heard of it before,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.