Raynaud's and Nifedapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

After suffering for more years than I care to remember I have suffered with Raynaud's. The worst thing was the chilblains lasting from October until May. This year I had a chilblain on my toe last week. I have all the usual symptoms ie white numb fingers. I finally got to speak to my GP about it as I've always worried they thought I was wasting their time. I was prescribed Nifedapine 3 days ago and in that short time the difference is noticeable. My feet and hands are warm and the chilblain has almost disappeared. Has anyone else had a similar experience? More importantly has anyone had Nifedapine prescribed only to find after a while it isn't effective?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny again.

I was offered this before being admitted for flolan infusions, but declined it as it is apprently used to treat Blood pressure and I was having a terrible time with side effects from all the ones I tried. It was deemed safer for me to be under surveillance while they tried it out on me, but would rather have been at home.good luck and so glad the chilblains are going.

• Posted

Hello jenny. Thanks for your reply. I have been prescribed Losartan 50 mgms as I have moderately high blood pressure but as of today stopped taking it as I was feeling dizzy and put it down to the Nifedepine and Losartan together. It's something everyone needs to be aware of though.
  • Posted

Just thought I would post this information in case it might help those suffering from Raynaud's Disease.    

I take an over-the-counter supplement that has almost cured my raynaud's disease (with no dizziness or other side affects) and I have severe raynaud's...I used to get red sores from my fingers and toes not getting blood circulation during the attacks.  I take one 50 mg capsure of Petadolex (that's the brand name for butterbur.)   Many people use butterbur to reduce or eliminate migraines (which I also suffer from and was the reason I tried taking Petadolex in the first place).  Petadolex hasn't helped my migraines one bit, but has almost eliminated my raynaud's attacks!!  Perhaps it will help with your raynaud's as well.  I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Janice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.