Raynaud’s, or something more serious?

Posted , 4 users are following.

As you can see in the picture, this is alarming to me as it looks different/ worse than the attacks have in the past. I get these sporadically on both feet, not often at the same time though. They felt extremely painful this time, and from the patchiness all over it appeared blocked   completely? Lasted over 5 minutes, and they felt very cold, still do. I was diagnosed with Raynaud’s, and recently erythemelgia. The other usually just causes attacks of hot, red swollen pain. Not this. Anyone have any idea? I have a blood test scheduled soon to be checked for autoimmune diseases and vasculitis. Although I never had this happen before seeing the dr so I’m clueless. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’ll add that I’m 23 years old, female, 24 next month. Have had an arrange of other health issues as well, why I’m being checked if the underlying cause is autoimmune. If anyone has any info on these tests and if anything will even show up at this stage, let me know!
  • Posted

Hi Shorty. Oh dear they do look alarming. All I can tell you is that I take Vasodilators to open up the tiny capilliaries which lets more blood to fingers and toes. The one I take is called Naftidrofuryl. They really help my Raynauds. The episodes I had before were daily but now they are only occasional. I hope that you get some help with your problem and sooner rather than later. I am so sorry I cannot give you anymore help or advice.  Best wishes to you. Eric
  • Posted

Hi Shorty i have the same issues and severe raynauds i have had the auto immune test done ANA ANCA minę came back neg however that doesnt mean there is no problem just a problem with negative ANA. There are so many forms of vasculitis however my gp diagnosed me with It just by physical examination and i Am awaiting a concrete diagnosis. I also have the joint burning and pains. Also i Am 24 female. Please keep us updated and hopefuly we Get this sorted soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.