Raynaud's white tongue

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had raynaud's in fingers and toes for as long as I can remember, but the last two years my tongue has started to go white and swell, then pain goes from neck right up to my ears, it's unbearable, I've had tests with rheumatologist which ruled out connective tissue disorder, scleroderma and polymyositis. I was then referred to ENT who found nothing and now getting referred back to rheumatology. Any advice anybody x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear about your Raynauds. I've had it in my hands for years and now it's starting in my feet. I use handwarmers in winter and exam rubber gloves, even indoors.

I wish you well, Paula!

• Posted

Hi!

I have the exact same thing and its the first time i've heard of anyone else having it. I can fully understand the pain your experiencing, it is so extreme - I find my posture and speech are also badly affected within attacks and that swallowing has become a bit difficult in general. Have you experienced this ?

I have also been through multiple departments (maxio-facial /ENT /Neurology/ speech and language /rheumatology) and still can't seem to find any answers.

I'm being treated for raynauds at the moment but haven't seen much relief (my attacks can happen in summer too).

I hope you are getting on okay, please let me know if you have found any answers or relief?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.