raynauds disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

If someone in your family has raynauds should I be tested

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cristina,

Two of our children, suffer from Raynauds, I am not sure if it is a hereditary factor though. It is strange, because our other child does not suffer from it, and neither does my wife and I.

They say the main is factor is hereditary - which in our case seems unlikely, because no one else in the families suffer from it including my wifes parents and my own parents.

There's not much that can be done, apart from wearing gloves which my own son does when he's filling up freezers.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Well my mom had ms and one of my sisters has lupus and raynauds disease I'm just a little concerned
    • Posted

From what I can see there's no known connection and MS or Lupus. I am assuming you are quite young asking about Lupus, which affects 1 in every 4 girls.

MS can be treated, but not always cured fully.

We have various disorders in my family but none are hereditary. They vary, from small to major disorders.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

There is little point testing for Raynauds unless you have symptoms - and then it should be decided whether it is primary or secondary. 
  • Posted

My son has it but no one else in the family does. I don't know if it's genetic or not but I don't think so in our family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.