Raynauds during the summertime

Posted , 3 users are following.

Now that summer is here, my hands and feet are now bright red due to the heat.  I had helped move a friend this weekend and my hands were bright red as it was hot out and I was lifting boxes. How do I even manage this? Any suggestions? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like erythromelagia which can exist along with Raynaud's phenomenon.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erythromelalgia/

• Posted

I have read up on this. Sounds very similar. I certainly hope not. Struggling with raynauds alone is a lot to handle. Not this too! Thank you for your help. I have made an appointment with my cardiologist. There has got to be an answer for all that is happening to me all of a sudden. I am hoping this can not progress any worst then it has so far. 
  • Posted

It sounds like erythromelagia which can exist along with Raynaud's phenomenon.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erythromelalgia/

• Posted

Scramble thank you so very much for this reply! Raynaud's for me started in my feet. It has only been this last winter that I have really suffered badly in my hands. However, I have had the ( word I cannot pronounce!) In my feet for some time now. Thank you so much for posting this information it's really helpful and I'm really grateful. :-) PS I'm using speech text! :-)

• Posted

My email tells me I have a reply from you but I can't work out how to read it! Thank you anyway!

• Posted

Hi there, I really do sympathize! To be honest with you, I haven't really been suffering with Raynaud's in my hands for that long, so I really don't know what to suggest because the last thing you want, is to call your hands down and get right back to where you started a few weeks ago! I would say just enjoy not having numb fingers that make you feel sick to look at! I wish you well and do enjoy the summer for as long as it lasts!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.