RBBB - Echocardiogram and Major Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my right hip replaced in May 2016.  My former op date was postponed due to findings resulting from the pre op assessment when a "blip" was found on the ecg.  The clinic decided that I should have an echocardiogram, and the op date was cancelled.

The results of the echo were normal other than RBBB (right bundle branch block)  The echo was performed in early April 2016 and the op finally scheduled a month later.  I now have to have the other hip replaced.  My GP advised that another echo would not be needed.  However, the clinic has said that this is rubbish, and depending on the ecg at my pre op on Monday August 6, I may need another echo as "a lot can change in the two years!"  Should this be the case, yet another cancellation, followed by at least a one month wait for the echo and increasing pain.  

Does anyone on the site have any experience of this type of situation that can give me some common sense feedback on what on earth these two entities think they are doing?  i.e. one says no echo required, the other maybe.  I am left in limbo with an op date coming up in two weeks, that may be cancelled, again.  I wont mention the inconvenience that this will cause, as it is of a lesser importance, but just adds to the stress of not being able to obtain information, which would be of assistance, in knowing what plans need to be altered or cancelled.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well don’t think I know what a RBBB is exactly , all I can say is that I had my knee replaced 2 years after heart surgery and it wasn’t seen as a problem, the hospital will do pared admission checks and will say if something they are not happy about . It’s quite a quick op these days 
  • Posted

Okay looked it up , I would get it checked before surgery if that’s what they reckon better safe than sorry . Are you under a cardiologist ? They should tell you if an op is okay 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.