RE:

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Out of curiousity has anyone else's child had digestive problems and or with their appendicts after having Kawasaki? Or anemia. The reason I'm asking is our son has been having ongoing issues since. Is it possible that it is all connected vs. seperate issues. Any thoughts would be more than appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi penny,

I was wondering if you could help me,

Back in March this year my son was so poorly I didn't no what was wrong with him, as you do you take them to the doctors and they say it's viral, this was going on for at least 2 weeks I just couldn't keep his temputre down. Within a few days he developed this rash on his hands, feet, arms legs, cracked lips & rash around his mouth. Took him 3-4 times to the doctors and they said it was hand foot and mouth. I took him to the hospital one evening as he was just so poorly with the temperature he was going delirious. They said because he was ill 3 weeks ago with pneumonia that his body was fighting another infection and that he would be fine. The consultant diagnosed him with sweets syndrome, when we took him back to our gp a week later he said that wasn't right. I don't have any faith in doctors anymore.

3 month later it is still on my mind as all my sons fingers, toes have peeled and all his finger nails and toes nails have fallen off.

We have recently seen another doctor because my son has another viral infection and we wanted to make sure it didn't go to his chest, we just mentioned how ill he was back in March and he said sounds to me like Kawasaki disease. Obviously we Google and it sounded exactly the same, he hasn't had no treatment and now I'm worried it could affect his heart.

I just wanted to no how Kd effected your son,

Hope to hear from you soon

Lisa

• Posted

Hello Lisa,

I'm sorry for what your son has been going through and I'm sure it must be very hard on you too. It does sound as though it could of been Kawasaki that was untreated. Did they do any blood work to rule out other causes? In my son's case he just had an echo after all of this time and miraculously it was fine.He is being tested for ongoing inflammation and is anemic.They do periodic bloodwork to keep track. I suggest you to seek advice from the following Cardiologist, Rheumatoligist and a Pediatrician if possible if he hasn't seen them already. I really hope that you find some answers and that your son's health improves. Take Care and please keep in touch on how things go.

• Posted

Thanks penny

I did try to put a picture of him on this link but I couldn't,

Glad to hear you little one is making a full recovery and of course I will keep in contact

Lisa

• Posted

Lisa,

I forgot to mention to you that one of the thing sthat has been affected is his energy level has declined. They is probably do the anemia though. 

Take Care and all the best,

Penny

• Posted

Sorry about the grammatical errors (that not sthat) and that not they.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.