Re; Ankylosing Spondylitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi. I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in the last 6 years. And I am on These medicines;

Meloxican

Omeprazole 20 mg,

Sulazine EC, Sulfasalazine,

Now they want to proscribed  new medicin called Golimumab !

I  have not had much pain for the last 5 month as I used to get it all night when sleeping or sitting too long.

I have lost so much hair too. 

I stopped  taking the meds for about 4 weeks !! Am I stupid to do so ? Should I venture herbal medicationss. Any advice xxxx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like a biologic they want to put you on, if you don’t have pain and everything seems to be going ok I would avoid it.  I’m on enbrel and there are many warnings for cancer with this drug.  I would ask them why they want you on and do some research first.  I have extreme pain all the time so I saw no choice for myself, but please ask maybe get a second opinion.  Why are you on meloxicam for as??
    • Posted

I agree with your post re Meloxicam, I stopped using it years ago for various reason but mainly it was causing stomach problems and it didn't stop the pain. I also stopped Enbrel because of the dangerous side effects. I too have extreme pain at night and if I try to walk or stand for too long, even sitting down causes problems if I sit in the same position for too long. I am now on Tramadol for very bad pain at night and also Tramadol injections if it gets too bad to cope with. I have one 5 mg Diazepam at night for muscle cramps. I,m sending a hug to you, I do hope things improve.Let me know how you go. BTW try using hot packs they seems to help me. Hugs..G

• Posted

Hiya, If you have not had much pain for a few months why are they changing your meds....are you being a research mouse or something.? You really should not just stop your meds without your doctors approval as it can cause problems for you trying to go it alone. I would get a second opinion before doing anything else. Also get a blood screen done, then they see more of whats happening about your hair loss etc. I wish you well and keep the research up by reading as much as you can about the drugs you have been on and the symptoms you have. Best of luck and hugs too G

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.