Re-appearing eye styes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

For the last year, I keep having eye styes around both of my eyes and it is bothering me a lot.

There seems to be a two - four days period where I don't have them and then one or a few would come back again. In same or similar spots. Having said that, the styes are tiny and can only be seen if closely inspecting. They are annoying and itchy and go away in like 2 days all the time pretty much.

I was wondering if it can be associated with tired eyes or lack of essential vitamins or lack of water or the fact my eyelids are not 100% clean at all times....

Was wondering if anyone had this happen or has any information on what this condition is or how to treat it? Many Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Shortly after having cataract surgery around 7 months ago, I had two huge styes. First one on the upper lid of one eye, then one on the lower lid of the other eye. It took weeks of treating them before they were gone. I haven't had any more since then and have been careful to keep my eyelids clean. I had heard that taking Flaxseed oil capsules was good to prevent them so I now take one every day. I think mine were caused by something in the meds after the surgery. Hope you can find a solution to your problem.

• Posted

Not sure but if u wear makeup please ensure that your eye lids and around yr eyes are washed thoroughly when removing makeup

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.